1. Member of IAPR Fellow Committee, 2010-2016 (three terms)
2. Member of the executive committee of IEEE Hong Kong Computer Chapter, 2012
3. Chair of Technical Committee 10 (on Graphics Recognition) of the International Association of Pattern Recognition (IAPR). 2006.10-2010.8 (two terms)
4. Chair (2009) and Member (2007, 2011) of the ICDAR Awards Committee
5. Member of the ICDAR Advisory Board, 2007-2010
6. Competition Co-Chair, International Conference on Documents Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR 2009, 2011, 2015)
7. Chair for Local Arrangement, IUI 2010: ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, Hong Kong, Feb. 7-10, 2010.
8. Program Co-Chair, the 8th IAPR Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC2009), City University of La Rochelle, France, July 22-23, 2009.
9. Co-Chair, First WWW Workshop on Question Answering on the Web (QAWeb2008), April 22, 2008, Beijing, China
10. Chair, First International Workshop on Question Answering (QA2007), Oct. 28, 2007, Xi’An, China
11. Program Co-Chair, the 7th IAPR Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC2007), Brazil, September, 2007.
12. Chair of Program Committee, The Fifth International Conference on Web-based Learning, 19-21 July, 2006, Penang, Malaysia
13. Publication Chair, Member of Program Committee, The Fourth International Conference on Web-based Learning, 31st July - 3rd August, 2005, Hong Kong SAR, China.
14. General Chair and Contest Chair, The Sixth IAPR Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC2005)Member of Program Committee, the International Workshop on Challenges in Web Information Retrieval and Integration, April 8-9, 2005, Tokyo, Japan.
15. Publication Chair and Tutorial Chair, Member of Program Committee, Third International Conference on Web-based Learning, Beijing, August 9-11, 2004
16. Contest Chair and Member of Program Committee, The Fifth IAPR Workshop on Graphics Recognition, Barcelona, Spain, July 30-31, 2003
17. Contest Chair and Member of Program Committee, Fourth IAPR Workshop on Graphics Recognition, Kingston, Ontario, Canada September 7-8, 2001
18. Treasurer, the Second IEEE Pacific-Rim Conference on Multimedia, October 24-26, 2001, Beijing, China (http://research.microsoft.com/~PCM2001)
19. International Journal of Document Analysis and Recognition (IJDAR, http://www.springer.com/west/home/computer/imagingSGWID=4-149-70-1122349- detailsPage=journal|editorialBoard ) ISSN: 1433-2833 (print version); ISSN: 1433-2825 (electronic version); Journal no. 10032; Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2006-2011
20. IET Computer Vision (IET CVI), ISSN: 1751-9632 (print version); ISSN: 1751-9640 (online version); The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), 2011-2012
1. Zhenguo Yang, Qing Li, Wenyin Liu, Jianming Lv, “Shared Multi-view Data Representation for Multi-domain Event Detection”, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI). 2019. (CCF A 类，SCI 一区Top期刊).
2. Yukun Li, Zhenguo Yang , Xu Chen, Huaping Yuan, Wenyin Liu , “A Stacking Model Using URL and HTML Features for Phishing Webpage Detection”, Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), 2019. . (CCF C 类，SCI二区期刊).
3. Fang Wen, Zehang Lin, Zhenguo Yang , Wenyin Liu , “Single-Stage Detector with Semantic Attention for Occluded Pedestrian Detection”, the 25th International Conference on MultiMedia Modeling (MMM), 2019. (CCF C 类).
4. Xiangbin Xian, Yu Zhou, Yurong Guo, Zhenguo Yang, Wenyin Liu, “Improved Consensus Mech-anisms Against Censorship Attacks”, Symposium on Blockchain Technology and Application (SBTA), 2019.
5. Zehang Lin, Feitao Huang, Yukun Lin, Zhenguo Yang , Wenyin Liu , “A Deep Stacking Regression Model for Social Image Popularity Prediction”, World Wide Web Journal, 2018. (CCF B 类，SCI三区期刊)
6. Huaping Yuan, Zhenguo Yang , Yukun Li, Xu Chen, Wenyin Liu , “URL2Vec: URL Modeling with Character Embeddings for Fast and Accurate Phishing Website Detection”, the 16th IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing with Applications (ISPA), 2018. (CCF C 类).
7. Zehang Lin, Zhenguo Yang , Runwei Situ, Feitao Huang, Jianming Lv, Qing Li, Wenyin Liu , “Improving Maximum Classifier Discrepancy by Considering Joint Distribution for Domain Adap-tation”, the 18th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE), 2018. (CCF C 类)
8. Runwei Situ, Zhenguo Yang , Jianming Lv, Qing Li, Wenyin Liu , “Cross-Modal Event Retrieval: A Dataset and a Baseline using Deep Semantic Learning”, the Pacific-Rim Conference on Multimedia (PCM) 2018. (CCF C 类)
9. Huaping Yuan, Yukun Li, Xu Chen, Zhenguo Yang , Wenyin Liu , “Detecting Phishing Websites and Targets Based on URLs and Webpage Links”, International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2018. ( CCF C 类).
10. Yurong Guo, Zongcheng Qi, Xiangbin Xian, Hongwen Wu, Zhenguo Yang, Jialong Zhang, Liu Wenyin, “WISChain: An Online Insurance System based on Blockchain and DengLu1 for Web Identity Security”, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Hot Information-Centric Networking (IEEE HotICN).
11. Liuwu Li, Runwei Situ, Junyan Gao, Zhenguo Yang , Wenyin Liu , “A Hybrid Model Combining Convolutional Neural Network with XGBoost for Predicting Social Media Popularity”, In Proceedings of ACM International Conference on Multimedia (ACM MM), Grand Challenge, 1912-1917, 2017. (ACM MM: CCF A 类).
12. Zhenguo Yang, Qing Li, Zheng Lu, Zhiguo Gong, Yun Ma, Wenyin Liu, “Dual Structure Con-strained Multimodal Feature Coding for Social Event Detection from Flickr Data”, ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 17, no. 2: 19, 2017. (CCF B 类，SCI四区期刊)
13. Zhenguo Yang, Qing Li, Wenyin Liu, Yun Ma, “Dual Graph Regularized NMF Model for Social Event Detection from Flickr Data”, World Wide Web Journal, 20(5), 995-1015, 2017. (CCF B 类，SCI三区期刊)
14. Zhenguo Yang, Min Cheng, Qing Li, Yukun Li, Zehang Lin, and Wenyin Liu, “Cross-domain and Cross-modality Transfer Learning for Multi-domain and Multi-modality Event Detection”, In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE), 2017. (CCF C 类)
15. Yun Ma, Qing Li, Zhenguo Yang, Wenyin Liu, Antoni B. Chan, “Learning Word Embeddings via Context Grouping”, In Proceedings of the ACM TURC 2017 (SIGMOD China), 2017.
16. Quan, Xiaojun, QIFAN WANG, YING ZHANG, LUO SI, LIU Wenyin,“Latent Discriminative Models for Social Emotion Detection with Emotional Dependency,”ACM Transactions on Information Systems, Volume 34, Issue 1, October 2015, doi>10.1145/2749459
17. Shuang Liang, Jun Luo, LIU Wenyin, Yichen WEI, “Sketch Matching on Topology Product Graph”, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), Vol. 37, No. 8, pp.1723-1729, August, 2015, DOI: 10.1109/TPAMI.2014.2369031
18. Rui Zhang, Jianping Wang, Cong Wang, Liu Wenyin, Rynson Lau, “On Mitigating the Risk of Cross-VM Covert Channels in a Public Cloud”, IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 26, No. 8, pp. 2327 - 2339, August, 2015, DOI: 10.1109/TPDS.2014.2346504
19. Yanghui Rao, Qing Li, Xudong Mao, Liu Wenyin, “Sentiment topic models for social emotion mining,” Information Sciences, Vol. 266 (2014): 90-100.
20. Xiangfei Kong; Kuan Li; Jingjing Cao; Qingxiong Yang; Liu Wenyin, “HEp-2 Cell Pattern Classification with Discriminative Dictionary Learning”, Pattern Recognition, Vol. 47 (2014) , No. 7: 2379-2388
21. Kuan Li, Zhi Lu, Liu Wenyin, Jianping Yin, “Cytoplasm and Nucleus Segmentation in Cervical Smear Images using Radiating GVF Snake”, Pattern Recognition, Vol. 45 (2012), No. 2, pp. 1255-1264, published online at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2011.09.018, open source code at http://code.google.com/p/rgvf-single/.
22. Liu Wenyin, Gang Liu, Bite Qiu, Xiaojun Quan, “Antiphishing through Phishing Target Discovery”, IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 16, no. 2 (March/April 2012),http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MIC.2011.103pp. 52-60, DOI: 10.1109/MIC.2011.103
23. Haijun Zhang, Gang Liu, Tommy W. S. Chow, and Wenyin Liu “Textual and Visual Content-based Anti-phishing: A Bayesian Approach”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol. 22, No. 10, pp. 1532-1546 (October 2011). DOI: 10.1109/TNN.2011.2161999.
24. Xiaojun Quan, Liu Wenyin, and Bite Qiu “Term Weighting Schemes for Question Categorization”, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), Vol. 33, No. 5 (May 2011), pp. 1009-1021, http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2010.154
25. Liu Wenyin, Xiaojun Quan, Min Feng, Bite Qiu, “A Short Text Modeling Method Combining Semantic and Statistical Information”, Information Sciences, Volume 180, Issue 20, 15 October 2010, pp. 4031-4041, 2010, DOI：http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2010.06.021
26. Liu Wenyin, Xiaotie Deng, Guanglin Huang, Yingjie Fu, “An AntiPhishing Strategy based on Visual Similarity Assessment”, IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 58-65, March/April, 2006. DOI: 10.1109/MIC.2006.23
27. Wan Zhang, Liu Wenyin, and Kun Zhang, “Symbol Recognition with Kernel Density Matching”, IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol. 28, No. 12, pp. 2020-2024, Dec. 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2006.254
28. Anthony Y. Fu, Liu Wenyin, Xiaotie Deng, “Detecting Phishing Webpages with Visual Similarity Assessment based on Earth Mover’s Distance (EMD)”, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 301-311, 2006. Digital Object Identifier:10.1109/TDSC.2006.50
29. Xian-Sheng Hua, Liu Wenyin, Hong-Jiang Zhang, “An AutomaticPerformanceEvaluation Protocol for Video Text Detection Algorithms”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (CSVT), Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 498-507, 2004. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2004.825538
30. D. Dori and Wenyin Liu, “Sparse Pixel Vectorization: An Algorithm and Its Performance Evaluation”. IEEE Trans. on PAMI, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 202-215, 1999. Digital Object Identifier:10.1109/34.754586
31. Liu Wenyin and D. Dori, “Incremental Arc Segmentation Algorithm and Its Evaluation”. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 424-431, 1998. DOI: 10.1109/34.677280.
32. Liu Wenyin and Dov Dori, “A Protocol for Performance Evaluation of Line Detection Algorithms”, Machine Vision and Applications, Special Issue on Performance Characteristics of Vision Algorithms, Vol. 9, No. 5/6, pp. 240-250, 1997. DOI: 10.1007/s001380050045
33. Xiangfei Kong, Kuan Li, Qingxiong Yang, Liu Wenyin, Ming-Hsuan Yang, “A New Image Quality Metric for Image Auto-Denoising,” poster paper , ICCV2013
34. Gang Liu, Guang Xiang, Bryan A. Pendleton, Jason I. Hong, Wenyin Liu, "Smartening the Crowds: Computational Techniques for Improving Human Verification to Fight Phishing Scams". Proc. 7th Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security(SOUPS), Pittsburgh, USA, July 20-22, 2011.
35. Anthony Y. Fu, Xiaotie Deng, Liu Wenyin, Greg Little, “The Methodology and an Application to Fight against Unicode Attacks”, Proc. Symposium On Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS), July 12-14, 2006, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
36. Anthony Y. Fu, Wan Zhang, Xiaotie Deng, Liu Wenyin, “Safeguard Against Unicode Phishing Attacks”, poster, the 15th International World Wide Web Conference, 2006.
37. Liu Wenyin, GuanglinHuang, Liu Xiaoyue,Zhang Min, Xiaotie Deng, “Detection of Phishing Webpages based on Visual Similarity”, Poster (recommended from full paper track) in WWW2005, May 10-14, 2005, Tokyo, Japan, pp.1060-1061.
 PI: 国家自然科学基金NSFC (91748107): Research on key technologies for online robot collaboration based on visual programming (共融机器人视觉编程及在线人机协作机制研究 -- 共融机器人基础理论与关键技术研究重大研究计划的培育项目) (Jan. 2018 – Dec. 2020), CNY630,000.
 PI(Team Leader): 广东省引进创新团队Guangdong Province Innovative Research Team (城市轨道交通网络控制芯片与系统创新团队– 列车健康诊断与运维服务系统研发及产业化) (Feb. 2016 – Jan. 2021), CNY100,000,000. http://cxtd.gdstc.gov.cn/HTML/rcpt/tzgg/1445839332548318531783285209460.html
 登录易 - 网络身份安全
 PI: CityU SRG (7002774): Semantic Link Analysis for Finding Answer Experts (May 2012~April 2014), HK$180,000
 PI: CityU I2R Fund: SiteWatcher – A Web Service for Phishing Detection Based on Cloud Computing (Mar. 2012~Feb. 2013), HK$400,000.
 PI: CityU SRG (7002696): User Interest Modeling and Its Application for Question Recommendation in User-Interactive Question Answering Systems (April 2011~March 2013), HK$180,000
 PI: CityU SRG (7002560): Term Weighting Schemes for Question Categorization (April 2010~March 2012), HK$180,000PI:CityU SRG (7002488): A Short Text Similarity Assessment Method Based on Probabilistic Topics and Its Application to Question Categorization (April 2009~March 2011), HK$166,148
 PI: CityU SRG (7002336): Automatic Generation of Semantic Patterns for User-Interactive Question Answering (April 2008~March 2010), HK$180,0009
 PI:Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) (9440058, ITS/011/07): SiteWatcher—an Anti-Phishing System (September 2007~August 2008), HK$1,014,400 (ITF) + HK$100,000 (industrial sponsorship) + 20% (CityU Top-up).
 PI: Hong Kong RGC Competitive Earmarked Research Grant (CERG) (CityU 117907, 9041247): Safeguard against Unicode-based Internet Identity Frauds (July 2007~July 2009), HK$669,600 (CERG) + HK$66,960 (CityU Top-up).
 PI: CityU SRG (7002137): Answer Clustering and Fusion in a User-Interactive Question Answering System (April 2007~March 2009), HK$176,800
 PI: CityU SRG (7002021) and fundable CERG: A Statistical Approach to Symbol Recognition based on Kernel Density Matching (Oct 2006~Sept 2008), HK$180,000
 PI: CityU Applied R&D Grant (9610036): Fighting Phishing and Other Internet Crimes (Feb. 2006~Jan. 2008), HK$850,000 (incl. 100K sponsorship from Reasonable Software House Limited).
 PI:CityU SRG (7001842) and fundable CERG: A Generic Approach to Online Freehand Stroke Segmentation and User Adaptation (Sept 2005~August 2007), HK$180,000
 PI: CityU SRG (7001771): Pen Gesture Design and Recognition for Sketching-based Graphics Input and Editing (June 2005~June 2007), HK$175,800
 PI:Hong Kong RGC Competitive Earmarked Research Grant (CERG) (CityU 1147/04E, 9040900): An Efficient Approach to On-line Recognition of Composite Graphic Objects (July 2004~July 2006), HK$339,414 (CERG) + HK$50,000 (CityU Top-up).
 Subproject PI: Sub-Project: Intelligent Human-Computer Interaction Models (in the China Semantic Grid Research Plan—A National Grand Fundamental Research 973 Program, Project No. 2003CB317000, May 2004~May 2009), RMB Yuan 300,000+.
 PI: CityU SRG (7001644): User Interest Detection on Web Pages for Building Personalized Information Agent (April 2004~June 2006, completed), HK$176,800
 Co-Principle Investigator (Co-PI): CityU Applied R&D Grant (9640009): SMART: A Short Message Animation and Reprocessing Tool (April 2003~April 2005), HK$600,000 (in collaboration with Qing Li).
 PI: CityU SRG (7001462): MyEmailMate: A Personalized Agent for Semi-Automatic Management of Emails (March 2003~March 2005, completed), HK$158,000.
 PI:CityU DAG (7100247): User-Adaptive Recognition of Sketchy Shapes on SmartSketchpad (July 2002~March 2003, completed), HK$93,990
 PI:Hong Kong RGC Competitive Earmarked Research Grant (CERG) (CityU 1073/02E, 9040694): A Federated Approach to Technical Drawings Re-Engineering for Web-based Information Systems (July 2002~July 2005, completed), HK$413,404 + 150,000 (CityU Top-up).